Thursday, April 2, 2015

WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge

I haven't made the big announcement here on the blog, but Global Hydranencephaly Foundation's Family-to-Family Resource Network won the honor of Best in Show: Community or Forum in this year's WEGO Health Activist Awards. Amazing to have been nominated two years in a row in a few categories, even more of an amazing achievement to have won in this category for 2015!

With that honor came a greater connection to the community of support at WEGO Health (check them out HERE).

It just so happens that one of my New Year's resolutions for 2015 was to get back to where my heart and soul is... in writing. Life got in the way, then technology took me down for a while - but now I'm ready and motivated with a little help from our friends at WEGO and their latest efforts to bring greater awareness to the health activist community by hosting...

The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge all of April #HAWMC

They've given me the prompts (GREAT ones, at that!!) and I'm super excited to get this going, even if I am a day late.

So, I'm kicking off the month's challenge a day late with two posts:

Day one was Wordless Wednesday (what a coincidence, since it's ALWAYS Wordless Wednesday at our Facebook page!! I'll direct you there to see all of the excitement that comes with that day...)

Day two is:

Key to Happiness: What do you think is the key to happiness? Is it being able to overcome a hard time? Laughter? Maintaining a positive attitude?

This is a loaded prompt for me.

Happiness hasn't been my friend for a long while. Not because I did not try to seek it, nor is it because I did not want it! It's mostly because I simply did not recognize it as such while I had it and other times was shamed in to not acknowledging it when I did.

Sounds a little hard to follow, I know.

Throw in to the mix the fact that happiness is really hard to live in when so much of my world is torn apart.

But, I'm going to attempt to address this #HAWMC on happiness anyways.

The key to happiness is acknowledgement. Recognizing that you are happy in the small  moments, even when there are bigger, not so happy moments that are out of your control. In the midst of that, you have to recognize the beautiful, perfectly placed bits of time that do make you happy - even if just for one second.


That wraps up my attempt at today's writer's challenge... more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our audience - share your comments with us here or join us on Facebook!