From our friends at Macaroni Kid - EATS! just a little bit of fun stuff for your family this holiday!
April Fool's Day Fun
What you will need to make Sundaes for Dinner:
- Fill the piping bag with mashed potatoes
- Fill one third of the parfait glasses with mashed potatoes
- Add a layer of pulled pork
- Add a layer of cole slaw
- Pipe more mashed potatoes on top in a circular motion, as if you were piping whipped cream on a sundae
- Add the small red pepper as a “cherry” and the plantain chip as a “banana”
- Serve hot and trick your kiddos!
For the fries you will need:
Sugar cookie dough (store bought or homemade)
To make the fries:
- Preheat oven according to cookie dough recipe.
- Lightly flour work surface and roll out cookie dough.
- Cut dough into a long strip 2-3 inches wide. Slice the strip into pieces that resemble thin french fries.
- Gently lift off of work surface with a spatula and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake according to package, but check often - the cookies may cook quicker because they are cut into small pieces.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, place fries in fry holder (directions below) and serve with a dipping sauce!
To make a holder for the fries:
Take a letter envelope and seal it. Cut the envelope in half and now you have a perfect holder for your fries!
For the grilled cheese you will need:
To make the grilled cheese:
- Slice the pound cake to resemble 2 slices of sandwich bread.
- Using a paint brush, brush cinnamon onto the outside of each slice of pound cake. This will make it appear "grilled or toasted".
- Pipe or spread icing on the inside of one slice of cake. Place the second slice of cake on top as you would a grilled cheese.
- Slice in half and serve with fries!