Shop Small Saturday is semi-everywhere if you are a big promoter of small businesses - which WE are!
Cyber Monday is Black Friday - for those who would rather avoid the crowds
but Giving Tuesday - what is THIS all about!?
This campaign was started in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation as a response to commercialization and consumerism in the post-Thanksgiving season - perhaps as a way for individuals to let go of a little guilt from overspending, by doing good through giving.
So, what is so great about this day (besides the fact that you can support a pretty great mission - Global Hydranencephaly Foundation, of course!)
Which day is better - #GivingTuesday or Black Friday? Well, here are 10 reasons why #GivingTuesday is so much better than Black Friday...
1. #GivingTuesday is much safer than Black Friday. You can avoid a trip to the hospital after getting trampled by people just trying to get into a store.
2. You don’t have to wake up at the crack of dawn. You can donate at any point during the day, whenever is most convenient for you.
3. You can participate from the comfort of your couch, in your PJs.
4. You can eat ice cream and watch Netflix while donating. That's always a bonus.
5. You don’t have to break the bank to make a donation.
6. You can feel good about the money you gave, rather than regret the money you spent shopping.
7. Giving a gift on #GivingTuesday takes only a few seconds, where standing in lines could take hours...
8. Giving to charity gives you good karma points!
9. Lower your tax bill with these charitable contributions!
10. Most importantly, you get to help out a good cause. Choose some of your favorite organizations to donate to, and help be a part of a greater change. You could choose any cause to donate to - the impoverished people in your community, curing an illness, funding baby pandas, and so many more.