NORD seeks input from our Member Organizations, Corporate Council Members and the broader rare disease community to nominate individuals they feel embody the spirit of the Gallery.
Individuals honored in the Portraits of Courage Gallery posess the following admirable qualities that embody and illustrate the rare disease patient experience:
- They have demonstrated courage in their own journey, and have helped others find courage in theirs;
- They have shown remarkable resislience in the face of hardship;
- They support, and are advocates for, all patients living with a rare disease and those affected by it.
While NORD awards several groups and individuals at its annual award event, the Portraits of Courage Gallery is reserved for patients and families affected by rare disease. This includes:
- Patients - children and adults
- Parents of children with a rare disease
- Other family members/caregivers of a rare disease patient
Nominate someone courageous today!