1) Describe your pregnancy? Was child diagnosed in utero? Any complications with pregnancy? Any suspensions from doctors as to what may have caused the diagnosis? What information did you get from doctor?
2) What type of support did you get from doctors, family, friends, social workers, etc….
3) After you child was born, what type of surgeries and medical interventions were needed and at what age did the surgeries occur?
4) What impact has your child had on your life?
5) What type of information do you wish you would’ve had after diagnosis?
6) What activities does your child enjoy? Do they like certain toys, eating certain foods, comfort are they comforted with certain people.
7) Any other pertinent information you would like to include? Include as many pictures as you would like.
If you're not nearly as long-winded, as myself, answer a few short questions and see it come alive in a collage introducing your bee to our audience. Brings their photos to life with the things they love best... another amazing tool for raising awareness of the possibilities that exist for these children! Details are below:
To submit your bee for our upcoming "Meet the Bees" weekly posts on the Global Hydranencephaly Foundation's Facebook page, please provide us with some basic information. The "Meet the Bees" post will include any child that has (or had at one point) received the diagnosis of hydranencephaly. We want to share your bee with the world, and, coincidentally, change the perception of hydranencephaly! We would love to include any and all angel bees as well!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
-Child's name. Please let us know how you would like your child's name to appear on the collage. Nickname? Perfect! Anyway YOU would like it listed is fine with us!
-Picture or pictures. Please include one picture of your bee to have featured. If you would like to send additional pictures, we will try our best to include them in the collage.
-Child's birthdate and primary diagnosis. If you aren't comfortable sharing this information with the public, it is okay. If you would like to include any additional diagnoses we will try our best to include any additional information in the collage. Also, if you have an angel bee we can include their angelversary if you wish.
-Child's favorite activity or toy. Again, include as many toys or activities you wish. What does your child enjoy doing? Any special memories?
-Favorite Color. This will be the color the collage is based after. In general, we will have blue for boys, pink for girls, or a bee theme. If you wish to have a special theme for your child, please request it!
-Child's Webpage. If your child has a CaringBridge, Blog, or webpage you would like to include please give us the link. We will incorporate it into the collage in some way.
-Anything else to make the collage your bee's. Feel like we're missing something? We will try to incorporate anything into the collage to make it perfect for your bee!
In addition, please make sure you sign the photo/video release form, found at our family resource network on Facebook, to allow us to post the collage on the Global Hydranencephaly Foundation's sites and blog. We look forward to sharing your bee with the world!