|Sizzlin' Cool Bee Baby Pool from Toys 'R' Us|
I know, it's summer time and what better way is there to keep your kids (not to mention the mommies and daddies and everyone else) cool? Water, right?
- Working in the water allows children to perform and learn movements that would otherwise be too difficult to perform on land. Returning to their land-based program then provides them the opportunity to practice movements which with they have become more skilled in the water.
- The physiological benefits of an 88-92 degree pool include: decreased pain, increased range of motion, decreased sensitivity of sensory nerve endings, and increased joint range of motion.
- Vestibular stimulation from buoyancy and resistance improves a child’s ability to integrate sensory information.
- The viscosity of water gives a child time to react and experiment with the consequences of movement.
- The hydrostatic pressure created when partially or fully submerged in water improves circulation, increases the work of breathing, and gives the body 360 degrees of deep pressure."
|From front green and clockwise around to the front pink: Natalia, Joey, Johnny & Savannah|
|Intex Swim School Deluxe Swim Vest|
|Combination Head Float and Stabilizer Bar|
|Make a Water Scooter for child with limited abilities|
So, explore your options... but ultimately, you don't need anything but a body of water and your child with you. If you're extra fortunate, as our bee-buddy Chase, and you get to swim with dolphins during your time here... then you will benefit even more!