Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday


"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say, ‘Thank you?’ "
– William Ward

Just be thankful... big things, little things, material things, invisible things, great things... there is always something to be thankful for!

"Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart."
 – Henry Clay

I wholeheartedly believe this. I truly am frustrated when people cannot recognize, acknowledge, and be grateful for the many things in their lives that deserve a bit of thanks... instead of the incessant complaining about the things they do not have and want, especially when those wants are materialistic or something they clearly already have and just fail to recognize as the blessings they are.

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
 – John F. Kennedy

Facebook has become a huge irritant for me as I scroll through my newsfeed and read post after post that is full of every negative thing in every person's day... fortunately I can block most of that and keep the positive energies flowing through even my Facebook, just as I try to in my own days. I'm not perfect, neither are any of you, but through every day and every great difficulty I still make a great attempt to recognize the wondrous little and big things in my world to be thankful for. There are many days when I have to really grasp at the little things... especially most recently. However, I make a point to find something, anything, to focus on that makes me remember how important life, and the little things in it, are!

"The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!"
 – Henry Ward Beecher

There aren't many things that I can guarantee in your life, since I do not know your personal struggles or the lives you live every day, but I can guarantee this: everytime you feel in total despair, or discouraged, or frustrated in the things you want and do not have... focus, instead, on those things you do have and be thankful. Your hearts and minds will be much more happy and blessed places to live in...

"If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily."
 – Gerald Good




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our audience - share your comments with us here or join us on Facebook!