Friday, August 10, 2012

Bee -worthy Share: Speaking Louder Than Words


Out of the Mouths of Babes

One of my six-year-old daughter's favorite kids in school is a nine-year-old boy named Sammy. According to Nikki, Sammy is in a wheelchair and has a feeding tube.

One day, during one of our after-school chats, I asked, 

"Nikki, can Sammy talk?"
"Oh, yes," she assured me. "He can talk." 
"Are you sure?" I asked her. "I thought the kids in his class couldn't talk." 
"Yes, he can," insisted Nikki, her voice growing louder. "Sammy talked to me today." 
"What did he say?" I asked her. 
Nikki responded, "When I said 'hi' to him, he smiled at me." 

-Cheryl Kremer 
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Children with Special Needs












No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our audience - share your comments with us here or join us on Facebook!