Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bee-Worthy Share

There is a poem going around the special needs communities on Facebook that is just beautiful... though, unless you are faced with the situation of parenting a child with complex medical issues, you cannot really and truly relate. I know this because oftentimes I'm told how full my hands seem and how difficult my days must be... neither really are.


Rarely will a parent to an extra special little one, regardless of how long they bless the earth with their presence, say they wish they had not had that child despite the difficulties... the blessings that come with parenting special children, far outweigh the negatives. I, for one, am eternally grateful to have been chosen as Brayden's mommy... and I can only hope that he feels the same, equally blessed to have me as his mommy. 


This poem speaks just that:



I Still would have chosen you - By Terri Banish


If before you were born, I could have gone to heaven and saw all the beautiful souls, I still would have chosen you... ... ... If God had told me, "This soul would one day need extra care and needs", I still would have chosen you


If He had told me, "This soul may make your heart bleed", I still would have chosen you


If He had told me, "This soul would make you question the depth of your faith", I still would have chosen you


If He had told me, "This soul would make tears flow from your eyes that could fill a river", I still would have chosen you


If He had told me, "This soul may one day make you witness overbearing suffering", I still would have chosen you


If He had told me, "All that you know to be normal would drastically change", I still would have chosen you


Of course, even though I would have chosen you, I know it was God who chose me for you.

1 comment:

We love to hear from our audience - share your comments with us here or join us on Facebook!