Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bee-lieve Campaign: A Plea, then Flashback Friday

This is partly a flashback post from the Small Portion of a Life's Journey blog & partly a recent plea. There is a baby girl in Texas with a diagnosis of hydranencephaly who needs a loving forever home. Last I heard she was due any day, so I'm unsure if this has changed. I know that it is an unbelievably difficult decision, adopting a child with a terminal condition, but if I could do it myself I would in a heartbeat. In fact, many adoptive parents have adopted multiple babies with hydranencencephaly and various other devastatingly debilitating conditions. The joys far outweigh the difficulties...

If you may be interested, or know of someone who may be, PLEASE email me for contact information at: ali_nichole0619@yahoo.com. 

Every baby deserves a loving family. I know that this diagnosis is presented horribly, it sounds so exhausting and stress-inducing. I know first hand, that it is not always. Our children bring more joy than you can ever imagine in a lifetime so short. Experience with hydranencephaly is not necessary... in fact I will network you with hundreds of people across the globe who can offer more support than you can ever expect to have.

Now to my post that did not publish last night... it likely helps to click on publish before closing the laptop and assuming it will do the work for you! Since it happens to coincide with my above plea, for you to please help us find an adoptive family for this sweet baby girl, I will simply combine them!

Disabled & Unadoptable? 
By Alicia Harper, Small Portion of a Life's Journey
March, 2010

Not only are there millions of children around the world who are awaiting a family to call their forever family, there are more who are facing the possibility that this wish may never come true for them. Oftentimes children born with difficult disabilities and serious levels of limited mobility and need for medical interventions, are left without a family or even a home. They are simply given up on, when they need a strong support system more than ever.


Another mommy from an online support group I have been a part of for a couple of years is an absolute hero to many children who are disabled and given a label of "unadoptable." Ann has adopted 50 boys, with another 7 coming to possibly join her family soon, both internationally and domestically and all with disabling conditions. Even their dog has a walker :) She chronicles her family's success at her blog:
All Our Boys

Her boys made a music video recently that she share with me, one that absolutely touched my heart... so I wanted to share it with you all (be sure to click stop on my music player at the bottom):



The boys did all of the music, lyrics, sound, themselves... The lyrics tell their stories, melts my heart and reiterates my belief that anything is possible!!


‎"Impossible is not a fact. Its an opinion."
~♥ Muhammad Ali

*and not one that I choose to hold... Believing in the "impossibilities" ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our audience - share your comments with us here or join us on Facebook!