Friday, August 26, 2011

Flashback Friday

As a Navy family and current residents of Norfolk, VA  in the path of the monstrous hurricane Irene, I have packed my munchkins and my fur-baby Roxy up and we are in a hotel 200 miles from home for the weekend. The blanket I grabbed to bring along for Brayden, one of his favorites that is covered in monkeys and bible scriptures, brought me back to the day we received it in the mail, unexpectedly. The wonderful individual who had made the blanket especially for my 'lil man, as well as many other little ones in need of prayers for healing, had discovered Brayden's need from stumbling upon his CaringBridge journal.


I needed to visit my old blog to re-read the story behind this wonderful gift, one which I want to share:

By His Stripes
originally posted on October 16, 2009 at Small Portion of a Life's Journey

My son received a package today. Here is the letter that it contained:

"Six Years ago as I sat in Church listening to our pastor speak of how his mother overcame terminal cancer I had an inspiration. His mother had been given only 6 weeks to live... the doctors believed one thing and she believed another. She opened her bible and chose forty scriptures promising healing to recite many times daily. A few weeks later she was completely healed of cancer. (That was 25 years ago.)

I came home from church that Sunday and I have never looked back. The Holy Spirit gave me a great inspiration and when I told my husband he was so supportive. I created a couple of quilts to show our pastor, friends, and family and ask for suggestions. "By His Stripes" became our ministry.

If a child can cover themselves with God's word, imagine the possibilities.

With God's guidance we have donated over 400 quilts to children and adults. I do all the sewing and God supplies the means.

May God bless you and your family...
In Christ, Amanda
                             Isaiah 53:5 
Jesus bore your sins AND your sicknesses. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and BY HIS STRIPES we are healed.

And here is the gift the package contained, not the cute little boy... he was mine already:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our audience - share your comments with us here or join us on Facebook!